SCOTT KOLBO Resume
M.F.A. University of Wisconsin-Madison: Printmaking and Drawing
B.F.A. Boise State University: Painting and Printmaking
SELECTED SOLO/TWO PERSON EXHIBITIONS
- ESCALATION DRONE PROJECT. Collaborative exhibit with Lance Sinnema. Saranac Art Projects. August 1-31, 2016. Spokane Washington.
- ELEMENTS. Collaboration with musical group “Torch.” Velocity Dance Center and Soma Space. May 20 and 21. Seattle and Bellevue Washington.
- OUR ALLEY. Gallery4Culture. July 2014. Seattle Washington
- ALLEY KIDS. Shoreline Community College Art Gallery. January 2014. Shoreline Washington
- ALLEY ARTIFACTS. Saranac Art Projects. May 2013. Spokane Washington
- YOUNG PUNKS, OLD FOOLS. Seattle Pacific Art Center Gallery. Seattle Pacific University. Oct.-Dec. 2012. Seattle Washington
- ESCALATION. Collaborative exhibit with Lance Sinnema. Saranac Art Projects. Spokane Washington
- THE SPOKANE YEARS. Tinman Gallery. Spokane Washington
- SONIC MEDICINE. Spokane Falls Community College Fine Arts Gallery. Spokane Washington
- ERICKSON/KOLBO – NEW WORKS. Saranac Art Projects. Spokane Washington
- SMOKING RUIN. Washington State University Gallery II. Pullman Washington
- SCOTT KOLBO – COMIC STORIES. Carr Gallery, Idaho Falls Arts Commission. Idaho Falls, Idaho
- STORIES. Corban College. Salem Oregon
- CONFOUNDED. Cannon Gallery of Art, Western Oregon University. Monmouth Oregon
- OVERRIPE APPLE PIE. Two Person Exhibition with Meagan Stirling. Saranac Art Projects. Spokane Washington
- WANDERING – SINKING – BURNING…. PRINTS AND DRAWINGS. Cone Center Gallery, University of North Carolina – Charlotte
- A BUCK SHY. Two person exhibit with Howard Barlow. Lorinda Knight Gallery. Spokane, Washington
- THINGS BRIEFLY SEEN - SCOTT KOLBO AND KEVIN HAAS. Lorinda Knight Gallery, Spokane Washington
- MEAN TOWN. Huneke Gallery at the Spokane Art School, Spokane Washington
- COLLABORATION. Two Person Exhibition with Gordon Wilson. Gallery 76, Wenatchee Valley Community College, Wenatchee Washington
- COLLABORATIVE DRAWINGS. Two Person Exhibition with Gordon Wilson. Chase Gallery, Spokane City Hall, Spokane Washington
- SCOTT KOLBO AND GORDON WILSON. Two person Exhibition. Esvelt Gallery, Columbia Basin College, Pasco Washington
- SEQUENTIAL NARRATIVES ABOUT STREET PREACHERS, HOMELESS WOMEN, SLAPSTICK COMEDY, STINKY FEET, AND A VERY LARGE TROJAN HORSE. Koehler Gallery, Whitworth College, Spokane Washington
- COME SEE THE SHOW. M.F.A. Thesis Exhibition. University of Wisconsin, Madison. Seventh Floor Gallery. Madison, Wisconsin
- SEVEN TIMES IN THE RIVER. Solo Exhibition. Porter Butts Gallery, Madison, Wisconsin
SELECTED GROUP/INVITATIONAL/JURIED EXHIBITIONS
- ESCALATION: ELECTION YEAR BATTLE. Performance with Lance Sinnema. Soil Gallery. August 7, 2016. Seattle Washington.
- SEATTLE PRINT ARTS - THE PRINT EXCHANGE DECADE. First Congregational United Church ArtReach Gallery. March 30th – April 1st , 2016. Portland Oregon.
- TOURISTS FOLLY. Cascade Gallery. Southern Graphics International Portfolio Exchange. Portland Community College. March 1 – 31, 2016. Portland Oregon.
- PIGMENT+PAPER. Bellevue College. Bellevue Washington. Curator: Margaret Bullock
- ANACORTES ARTS FESTIVAL FOCUS GALLERY. Anacortes Arts Festival. Anacortes Washington.
- INK THIS: CONTEMPORARY PRINT ARTS IN THE NORTHWEST. Tacoma Art Museum. Tacoma Washington. Curator: Margaret Bullock
- PRESENTER EXHIBITION. Yuma Art Center. Yuma Arizona.
- MONKEY BUSINESS. Seattle Community College. Seattle Washington.
- LATENT LIMINAL IMPROBABLE EXUBERANCE: FILMS BY GALA BENT, BRITTA JOHNSON, SCOTT KOLBO AND VIS-A-VISA SOCIETY. Rendezvous Jewlebox Theatre. Jan. 9, 2013. Seattle Washington
- SEATTLE PRINT ARTS MINATURE PRINT EXHIBITION. Columbia City Gallery, Seattle Washington.
- TAKE THREE: AN EVENING OF FILM, VIDEO,AND ANIMATION SHORTS. Northwest Film Forum. September 26th, 2013. Seattle Washington.
- OTHER/SELF. Anchor Space Gallery. June 2013. Anacortes, Washington.
- BORDERS. Confluence Gallery. Twisp Washington
- Curiously Aligned:Contemporary Drawing Practices featuring Kris Hargis, Angela Katona-Batchelor, Scott Kolbo, MaLynda Poulsen, Cheryl Shurtleff, and Charles Timm-Ballard. Sheehan Gallery. Whitman College. Walla Walla Washington
- TWENTY UNDER FOURTY. Tinman Gallery. Spokane Washington
- FACULTY EXHBIT. Bryan Oliver Gallery. Whitworth University. Spokane Washington
- BLUEPRINTS. Saranac Art Projects. Spokane Washington
- NORTHWEST EMERGING ARTISTS: SEATTLE CITY LIGHT PORTABLE WORKS PART 1. Seattle Municipal Tower Gallery. Seattle Washington
- DWG: A LOOK AT CONTEMPORARY MARK MAKING. OHGE Ltd. Seattle Washington
- FIT TO PRINT: A PRINTMAKING INVITATIONAL. Peggy Lewis Gallery, Allied Arts of Yakima Valley. Yakima Washington
- EXHIBIT SPOKANE. Jundt Museum, Gonzaga University. Spokane Washington
- UNDER THE WIRE: GROUP EXHIBITION. Saranac Art Projects. Spokane Washington
- A HOUSE DIVIDED: THE LAGACY OF LINCOLN. Group invitational Exhibition. The Chase Gallery, Spokane City Hall, Spokane Washington
- BROKE. Group Invitational Exhibit. Clearstory Gallery, Spokane Washington
- ARE YOU WHAT YOU EAT? Print Portfolio exhibition.
- John Ben Snow Memorial Trust Gallery, Reno, Nevada
- THE VANCOUVER PROJECT. Residency Exhibition. Fat Tiger Studio, 619 Ave. Western Arts Building. Seattle Washington
- 19th NATIONAL DRAWING AND PRINT COMPETITIVE EXHIBITION. Gormley Gallery, College of Notre Dame of Maryland
- TERRAIN. Alternative Space Exhibition. The Vault, Spokane Washington
- EMBRACING THE GIFT. CIVA 2005 juried Exhibition. Azusa pacific University, Azusa California. Juror: James Stambaugh.
- ARE YOU WHAT YOU EAT? Print Portfolio exhibition. Pendleton Center for the Arts, Pendleton Oregon. Stevens Gallery, Whitman College, Walla Walla, Washington
- LOCALS. Spokane Falls Community College Gallery. Spokane Washington
- 40 ARTISTS/40 PORTRAITS. Gallery One Visual Arts Center. Ellensburg, Washington
- ARE WE THERE YET? Print Exchange Portfolio Exhibition. Southern Graphics Council Annual Conference 2008, Virginia Commonwealth University, Virginia
- PRINTMATTERS. 5ive & 40urty Gallery, Winston - Salem North Carolina
- IN HOUSE. Whitworth University faculty Exhibit. Koehler Gallery. Spokane, Washington
- HONKY TONKS AND MNEMONIC: TO AID THE MEMORY. Centro Cultural Antiguo Colegio Jesuita, Patzcuaro, Michoacan, Mexico
- Rik Nelson, Annon Nesse, Choling Taha, Scott Kolbo. Chase Gallery, City Hall, Spokane Washington
- BODY/BODY QUESTION PRINT EXCHANGE EXHIBITION.
Southern Graphics Council Annual Conference 2006, Madison Wisconsin
- CROSSING GENE: AMERICAN AND KOREAN PRINTMAKING EXCHANGE EXHIBITION. Humanities Gallery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Madison Wisconsin. Sun Contemporary Gallery, Seoul Gallery, Korea
- PRINTMAKING. Boswell Hall Corner Gallery, North Idaho College, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
- NORTH BANK ARTISTS COMMUNITY PROJECT. North Bank Gallery, Vancouver Washington
- LKG ARTISTS. Prichard Gallery, University of Idaho, Moscow Idaho
- FACULTY EXHIBIT. Whitworth University faculty Exhibit. Koehler Gallery. Spokane, Washington
- DRAWN TO THE WALL II. Jundt Museum, Gonzaga University, Spokane Washington
- BEPPYU GALLERY EXHIBITION. Pacific City, Oregon
- YMCA JACK, WILL, AND ROB CENTER EXHIBITION. Camas Oregon
- NORTHWEST PRINT ARTISTS. Carnegie Art Center, Walla Walla Washington
- CANTINAS AND HONKEYTONKS PRINT EXCHANGE AND EXHIBITION. Taller Mestizarte Studios, Chicago Illinois.
- BREAD UPON THE WATERS. Christians in the Visual Arts traveling Exhibition
- VISUAL ARTS CENTER EXHIBITION. Newport Oregon
- PRINT EXHIBITION. Southern Oregon University, Ashland Oregon.
- 18TH ANNUAL WORKS FROM THE HEART CONTEMPORARY ART EXHIBITION AND AUCTION. Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture, Spokane Washington
- WHITWORTH COLLEGE FACULTY EXHIBITION 2003. Koehler Gallery, Whitworth College, Spokane Washington
- PAST AND PRESENT NORTHWEST: SELECTIONS FROM THE PERMANENT COLLECTION. Jundt Museum, Gonzaga University, Spokane, Washington
- GEORGE ROBERTS ALUMNI INVITATIONAL EXHIBITION. Boise State University, ID
- INLAND NORTHWEST PRINTMAKERS. Lorinda Knight Gallery. Spokane, Washington
- NORTHWEST PRINTMAKING EXHIBITION, WSU Vancouver, Vancouver Washington
- *ART RAGEOUS 2002 JURIED EXHIBITION. Cornerstone Festival, Cornerstone Farm, Bushnell IL. Award: Second Place. Juror: Nancy Hughes, Museum of Contemporary Religious Art at St. Louis University
- AMERICAS 2000 PAPER WORKS COMPETITION. Northwest Art Center, Minot State University, Minot, North Dakota. Juror: Cynthia Osborne
- 15TH PARKSIDE NATIONAL SMALL PRINT EXHIBITION. Juried Exhibition,University of Wisconsin-Parkside, Kenosha, Wisconsin. Juror: Warrington Colescott and Frances Myers
- SEPTEMBER 11 MEMORIAL PORTFOLIO. American Print Alliance Traveling Exhibition
- 17TH ANNUAL WORKS FROM THE HEART CONTEMPORARY ART EXHIBITION AND AUCTION. Northwest Museum of Arts and Culture, Spokane Washington
- NORTHWEST PRINT COUNCIL'S 20TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW. Pacific Northwest College of Art, Portland Oregon
- 3rd ANNUAL SMALL ARTWORKS INVITATIONAL. Art Spirit Gallery, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
- * 28th BRADLEY NATIONAL PRINT AND DRAWING EXHIBITION. Peoria, Illinois. Award: Best of Show, Printmaking, Juror: Mark Pascale
- * PRINTS USA. Springfield Art Museum, Springfield, Missouri. Cash Award: Juror: Daniel Perisol, Curator of Prints and Drawings, New Orleans Museum of Art
- 14TH PARKSIDE NATIONAL SMALL PRINT EXHIBITION. Juried Exhibition, University of Wisconsin-Parkside, Kenosha, Wisconsin. Juror: Beauvais Lyons
- NORTHWEST PRINT COUNCIL NEW MEMBERS 2001 EXHIBITION. Northwest Print Council Gallery, Portland Oregon
- FACULTY EXHIBIT 2001. Koehler Gallery, Whitworth College, Spokane Washington
- RAW SPACE ARTIST ORGANIZED EXHIBITION. City Terminal Gallery, Spokane Washington
- 2nd ANNUAL SMALL ARTWORKS INVITATIONAL. Art Spirit Gallery, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
- PRINT PLAGUE. Graduate StudentPrintmaking Exhibition. 734 University Gallery, Madison Wisconsin
- 2000 PACIFIC STATES BIENNIAL NATIONAL PRINT EXHIBITION. Juried Exhibit. University of Hawaii, Hilo
- LAGRANGE NATIONAL XXI EXHIBITION. Biennial Juried Exhibition. Chattahoochee Valley Art Museum, La Grange Georgia
- WHAT IS DRAWING NOW? A National Exhibition. Weber State University, Ogden Utah
- 21st ANNUAL PAPER IN PARTICULAR NATIONAL EXHIBITION. Columbia College, Columbia Missouri
- 13TH PARKSIDE NATIONAL SMALL PRINT EXHIBITION. Juried Exhibition, University of Wisconsin-Parkside, Kenosha, Wisconsin. Juror: Art Weger
- PRE-MILLENNIUM CREATIONS. Student Art Show, Madison Wisconsin
- 27th BRADLEY NATIONAL PRINT AND DRAWING EXHIBITION
- GRAPHICS: RECENT WORK BY U.W.-MADISON GRADUATE STUDENTS. Winona State University, Winona, Minnesota
- FRAMELESS 99. Works On Paper National Juried Exhibition, Southeastern Community College, Whiteville, North Carolina
- PUSHING THE ENVELOPE. National Student Printmakers Portfolio Exchange, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
- WORK IN PROGRESS, SOUTHERN GRAPHICS COUNCIL GRADUATE STUDENT EXHIBITION. Arizona State University
- 2.0: SECOND YEAR GRADUATE STUDENT REVIEW. University of Wisconsin-Madison
- PRINTMAKING EXHIBITION. Tyler School of Art, Temple University
- TRIAL SIZE. First year graduate review, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- LAGNIAPPE 2. PRINT PORTFOLIO EXCHANGE AND EXHIBITION. Louisiana State University
- Washington State Art Collection
- City Lights Portable Works. City of Seattle Office of Arts & Cultural Affairs
- Boise State University. Boise Idaho
- University of Wisconsin Student Union. Madison Wisconsin
- Jundt Museum. Gonzaga University, Spokane Washington
- Whitman College, Walla Walla Washington
2012 - Present
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR: Seattle Pacific University, Seattle Washington
2000 - 2012
- ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR: Whitworth University, Spokane Washington
- ARTIST TEACHER: Union Institute and University Vermont College. MFA in Visual Art Program
- TEACHING ASSISTANT: University of Wisconsin-Madison, Drawing 2. Instructor of Record
- TEACHING ASSISTANT: University of Wisconsin-Madison, Drawing 1. Instructor of Record
- SEATTLE PRINT ARTS, Board of Directors and Secretary.
- LOOP PRESS DIRECTOR: NATIONAL ENDOWMENT FOR THE ARTS GRANT PROJECT DIRECTOR
- Master printer of fine art printmaking press
- Coordinating and working with visiting artists
- Community liaison
- GALLERY DIRECTOR, WHITWORTH UNIVERSITY
- Installation and curatorial duties
- Design and publication of promotional materials
- Coordination of visiting artist lectures and selection of exhibitions
- WHITWORTH ART COMMITTEE
- Co-Author of Whitworth University Art Policy
- Acquisition and Placement of Artwork on Campus
- Making Procedures Messy through Public Policy, Program Administration, Visual Art, and Research Methodologies. Rhetoric and Change Conference, Rhetoric Society of America, Atlanta Georgia. May 28, 2016
- VISITING ARTIST. Oklahoma State University. Stillwater, Oklahoma. September 2014. Collaborative drawing workshop and Lecture
- WHAT MASK DO YOU WEAR? The J. Paul Getty Museum of Art. August 2014. Small linoleum relief used in public educational activities.
- DOEL REED CENTER FOR THE ARTS VISITING ARTIST. June 2014. Public lecture and demonstration. Taos New Mexico.
- ANIMATION WORKSHOP LEADER. Shoreline Community College. Shoreline Washington. January 25th, 2014
- PRESENTER. Yuma Symposium. Yuma Arizona. February 20 - 23rd, 2014
- VISITING ARTIST. University of Oregon. Eugene Oregon.
- PANEL DISCUSSION. Visualizing Stories: A Conversation with Randy Bolton, Mita Mahato, and Scott Kolbo. University of Puget Sound. Tacoma Washington. November 4, 2013
- VISITING ARTIST. Sheehan Gallery. Whitman College. Walla Walla Washington
- VISITING ARTIST AND PRINTMAKING PROGRAM REVIEWER. Kendall College. Grand Rapids Michigan.
- LECTURE. “Work of Art in the Age of Digital Reproduction.” Society for Photographic Education Northwest Regional Conference 2011. Spokane Washington
- WORKSHOP LEADER. Inland Northwest Craft Warnings. Spokane Washington
- VISITING ARTIST. Spokane Falls Community College. Spokane Washington
- VISITING ARTIST. Western Oregon University. Monmouth Oregon
- COLLABORATIVE WORKSHOP LEADER. Corban College. Salem Oregon
- WORKSHOP LEADER. Idaho Falls Arts Commission. Idaho Falls, Idaho
- STATE OF THE VISUAL ARTS SYMPOSIUM LEADER. Saranac Art Projects, Spokane Washington
- BY/FOR ARTISTS RESIDENCY CO-DIRECTOR. Vancouver B.C.
- VISITING ARTIST. University of North Carolina, Charlotte
- NORTHWEST MUSEUM OF ART AND CULTURE ART COMMITTEE MEMBER
- CIVA SUMMER WORKSHOP INSTRUCTOR. Gordon College, Wenham Massachusetts
- STUDENT EXHIBITION JUROR AND VISITING ARTIST Columbia Basin College, Richland WA
- NON-TOXIC LITHOGRAPHY DEMONSTRATION AND VISITING ARTIST LECTURE. Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design. Milwaukee, WI
- PRINTERS ASSISTANT: Tandem Press, Madison Wisconsin
- PRINTMAKING LAB ASSISTANT: Boise State University
- Photoshop and Illustrator
- Quark Xpress and InDesign
- Final Cut Pro, Premier, After Effects
- Non-Toxic Printmaking (Including ImagOn Intaglio and Polyester Plate Lithography)
- MCMILLEN FOUNDATION VISITING ARTIST IN PHOTOGRAPHY/NEW MEDIA.
- Seattle Pacific University. Award and Management of grant to fund purchases and visiting artist program in Photography/New Media.
- MCMILLEN FOUNDATION VISITING ARTIST IN PRINTMAKING GRANT. Seattle Pacific University.
- Award and Management of grant to fund purchases and serve as Master Printer/coordinator for visiting artist program in printmaking.
- MCMILLEN FOUNDATION NEW MEDIA GRANT. Seattle Pacific University.
- Award and Management of grant to fund purchases and visiting artist program in new media.
- MCMILLEN FOUNDATION GRANT. Whitworth University.
- Award and Management of grant to fund purchases and visiting artist program in new media.
- NATIONAL ENDOWMENT FOR THE ARTS. Whitworth University.
- Award and Management of grant to fund visiting artist program in Printmaking and creation of Loop Press workshop.
- SMESLER VALLION VISITING ARTIST RESIDENCY. Doel Reed Center for the Arts. Taos New Mexico.
- FACULTY RESEARCH GRANT. Seattle Pacific University.
- CONTEMPORARY NORTHWEST ART AWARDS SECOND ROUND FINALST: Portland Art Museum – Juror: Bonnie Laing Malcomson
- OUTSTANDING SERVICE AWARD FOR FACULTY: Whitworth University
- NATIONAL ENDOWMENT FOR THE ARTS GRANT: LOOP PRESS
- Dean’s Award for Junior Faculty Achievement: Whitworth University
- PEW YOUNGER SCHOLARS GRADUATE SUMMER FELLOWSHIP
- W.A.R.F. FELLOWSHIP: University of Wisconsin-Madison
- DEPARTMENTAL SCHOLARSHIP: Boise State University
- PURCHASE AWARD: Boise State University Permanent Collection
- Seattle Print Arts
- College Art Association
- Southern Graphics Council
- Washington Artist Trust
- 10 YEAR anniversary ISSUE. Images and artist’s statements in Journal. Ruminate Magazine: Literary Arts Journal. Issue # 38.
- KAIROS. A JOURNAL OF RHETORIC, TECHNOLOGY, AND PEDAGOGY. “Perspicuous Objects.” Collaboration with primary author Fred Johnson. Fall 2014.
- IMAGE JOURNAL. Review of artwork and images. “As Far as the Curse is Found” Written by Cameron Anderson.
- ROCK & SLING: A JOURNAL OF WITNESS. Images and artist’s statements in Journal. Rock and Sling Journal. Issue 8.1 Spring 2013.
- CIVA SOURCEBOOK 2013-14. Christians in the Visual Arts publication. Images and Juror Statement. Spring 2013.
- REDNECK FASCIST HIPSTER PINKOS. Article and Image. By Leah Sottile. “The Pacific Northwest Inlander.” February 22, 2012.
- WITH EANEST JEST. Images and artist’s statements in Journal. Ruminate Magazine: Literary Arts Journal. Issue # 14.
- PRINTS PACK A PUNCH: EXHIBITION PUT TOGETHER BY SALEM PROFESSOR PRESENTS PROVOCATIVE COMMENTARIES ON A VARIETY OF HOT TOPICS. Winston-Salem Journal, July 29th, 2007
- DRAWN TO THE WALL II. Exhibition catalog essay. By Frances DeVuono
- THE CHANGING FACE OF SCHOLARSHIP AT WHITWORTH. Short article where I was featured as an artist and printer for the Loop Press at Whitworth College. By Greg Orwig. “Whitworth Today”, pg. 15, Spring 2003
- ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE. Article and Image. By Sheri Boggs, “The Pacific Northwest Inlander”. January 31, 2002
- AREA PRINTMAKERS SHOW OFF TECHNIQUES. By Julianne Crane, “The Spokesman Review”, Life Section, May 2, 2002.
- POLYESTER PLATE LITHOGRAPHY. Back Cover Image and Contributing Information. Instructional Manual by George F. Roberts, Professor of Printmaking at Boise State University. 2001, Writers Press, Boise, Idaho